Today I’m sharing a card for Chinese New Year. 2024 is the Year of the Dragon but, as Hello Bluebird don’t have a dragon stamp set, I’ve chosen some other images for my card.
I stamped out multiples of each image, coloured them with copic markers and then die cut them with the coordinating dies. I added two additional layers behind the fish for dimension.
Next, I used the Nesting Circle die set to cut out two circles for layering – a larger embossed gold circle and a smaller pearl red sparkle circle. I adhered these in the centre of my square card base.
I arranged all the images around the circle, then used liquid glue to adhere them.
Finally, I added the year in the centre of the circle. I used Charlie Numbers, die cutting from gold glitter card. I added two layers of white die cuts behind each number, offsetting them slightly to create a shadow effect. This helps them to stand out on the strong red background.
About this card
- Card base: 5.25″ square
- Hello Bluebird Stamps: Fishin’ Hole (water lily), Sea Sentiments (fish), Forest Fawns (flower)
- Hello Bluebird Stand-alone Dies: Charlie Numbers, Nesting Circle
- Other: Gold gel pen
Copic marker colours
- Fish: R22-27 R00; YR14 YR23-27 YR30-31
- Water lily: R00 R30 R20 G07 Y35
- Cherry blossom: R30 R20 R22