Happy New Year crafty friends! I’m excited to begin a fresh new year of fun crafting and card making projects. I’m always so ready to switch gears from Christmas to Valentine’s right after New Year’s. I have been waiting to use the cute little foxes from Merry Friends because I had an idea for them for a wintery Valentine’s card.
To create this card I used the following Hello Bluebird sets:
- Merry Friends stamps and coordinating dies – fox couple image
- Winter Birch Scene die – birch trees and snow bank
- Sending Hugs Words die – die cut sentiment
- Nesting Ovals die – oval window opening
- Country Gingham background stamp – pattern on oval window frame
- Frosty Flakes dies – snowflake embellishments
Lately I have been loving the addition of the grey in my color palettes. The gingham was stamped with Iced Spruce Distress Oxide ink. Iced Spruce is a cool grey with a hint of green undertones… perfect for a winter scene. I die cut the sentiment “Sending Hugs” from Concord & 9th Dove Grey card stock. The pink sky color is a combo of Pink Flamingo and Victorian Velvet Distress Oxide inks.
I colored the fox image in the following Copic colors:
- fox fur – E11, E13, E15
- blush color on cheeks & ears – R00, R20
- shading on white areas – W1, W3
- red jacket – R14, R27, R39
- pink jacket – RV42, RV14
- grey scarf – C1, C3