Hi Bluebird Friends, Sara here!
Today it’s my turn over the Hello Bluebird Blog and I have a spooky card to show you, featuring some of the recent released items as well as some previous ones.
Since I am a cat lover, the Nine Lives stamp was one of my favorite from the recent release, and when I was searching the inspiration for a spooky card, I instantly thought I would have used one of those as a black cat over a pile of pumpkins. So, I looked into all my stamps and I got those:
- Nine Lives stamp for the cat
- Halloween Fun stamp for the sentiment and the small hat
- Woodland Littles stamp for the smaller pumpkin of the pile
- Autumn Days stamp for the larger pumpkin and the pumpkin with the mouse
- Fall Banner Buddies stamp for the “wreath” leaves behind
I stamped all the selected stamps and I colored them using the Copics listed below:
- Cat: N9 – N8 – N7 – N5 – N4
- Hat: V09 – RV69 – RV66 – N8 – N6
- Pumpkins: E18 – E08 – YR68 – YR15 – YR12 – YR21
- Mouse: W5 – W4 – W2 – W1
- Leaves: YG97 – YG95 – YG91
I then cut them using coordinating dies.
I wanted to keep the background very simple, with a light yellow moon over a white background. I used one of the Nesting Circle die to create a mask from a masking paper and I lightly blend the yellow ink. I then arranged all the items I wanted to feature in the scene and I positioned the second larger Nesting Deckle A2 Die in place to cut the background panel in the correct position. I used a mix of glue and foam tape to create the scene. I also stamped the sentiment at the bottom using Versafine Black ink (which is my favorite for detailed and small sentiments like this one).
To complete it, I decided to adhere some orange pearls here and there, I matted the panel twice, one with a slightly larger kraft cardstock and then with a 5,75″x4,5″ white panel. And here’s the finished result!
Thanks for stopping by, I really hope you will like the inspiration!
Hugs from Italy,