Today I’m mixing lots of stamp sets together to create a whimsical Christmas card. I thought the characters from North Pole Littles would work well in the Flying High hot air balloon, and the design grew from there.
All my images are coloured with copic markers and die cut with the coordinating dies. I’ve listed all the elements and which sets they are from at the end of the post. For some Christmas sparkle, I embellished the garland on the balloon with some jewels, along with one on the wreath.
I used a larger 5 x 7″ card base, to give me room for both the balloon and a winter village beneath. I used the Snowy Countryside Square to cut some pearl white sparkle card. I’m just using the row of trees and houses, along with a small portion of the snowy hills on this card. I added an additional house, using one of the dies in the set.
On my card base, I layered some patterned paper. I then adhered the die cut hills, trees and houses on top. The hot air balloon and birds were added with foam tape for dimension.
I thought too late that I could have used the Starry Sky die on the patterned paper to add stars. Instead, I die cut it from holographic card and adhered the stars on top.
For the sentiment, I white heat embossed a greeting from Typed Christmas on a piece of blue card, cutting it into a thin banner and adhering over the snowy hills to finish.
About this card
- Card base: A7 / 5 x 7”
- Hello Bluebird Stamp Sets: North Pole Littles (Santa & reindeer), Flying High (balloon), O Christmas Tree (birds), Cozy Christmas Eve (garland), Deck the Halls (wreath), Typed Christmas (sentiment)
- Hello Bluebird Stand-alone Dies: Snowy Countryside Square, Starry Sky
- Embellishments: Jewels from Pretty Pink Posh
- Patterned Paper: Lawn Fawn Favorite Flannel
- Embossing Powder: WOW Opaque Bright White Super Fine