Hi friends this is Stefanie with you today and I am sharing a card with the sweetest scene created with the Strawberry Basket Die and some adorable mice from Hello Bluebird’s latest release.
To create this card I started with the strawberry basket. I die cut the basket using white cardstock followed by many strawberries and their stems, a few leaves and flowers. I used some Concord and 9th(C9) inks to color the strawberries and leaves.
Reds: Sorbet, Poppy, Cranberry
I also backed the strawberries with white cardstock so the seeds would appear to be white. Next I “filled” the basket with strawberries and leaves and figured out my placement for it on my card so I could create the background.
For the background I inkblended the ground using C9’s Wheat ink and the sky using Salvaged Patina distress oxide. After ink blending I lifted some spots using water droplets and added some splatter back in coordinating colors and a white gel pen to create some texture. This panel was trimmed down to be slightly smaller than my A2 card base.
Next I stamped out some mice from 2 sets: Strawberry Patch Stamp and Sweet Strawberries Stamp. The worm is also from Sweet Strawberries and lastly I pulled a couple bees from Bear Family. Once stamped, I colored them using a mix of Copics and Ohuhus (O) and die cut them out using their coordinating dies. The center of the flowers which I had die cut earlier were colored with alcohol markers as well.
Mice brown: E44, E43, E42, E41, E40
Mice pinks: E02, E000
Strawberry: R2(O), R22(O), R1(O), R21(O), R20(O)
Worm: GY4(O), GY7(O), Y121(O)
Bees: Y121(O), Y3(O), W5, W3, B00, B0000
Flower centers: Y121(O), Y3(O)
For the sentiment I stamped it using C9 Wheat on white cardstock and used a simple rectangle die to cut it out, then propped it onto the basket using foam tape.
The basket was directly adhered to the background and the flowers and strawberry in front were directly adhered the the basket. The rest of the images were propped up using foam tape for dimension. The background is also propped up on the card base using foam tape.
For final touches, I added some white highlights to the images and the card was finished! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you like my card!