Hi Bluebird Friends, Sara here!
Today it’s my turn over the Hello Bluebird Blog and I have a jungle themed birthday card to show you, featuring the recent released Jungle King stamp and Safari Horizontal Scene die. The exceptional high temperatures here in Italy make me feel like I am in the Savannah…so here’s my inspiration!
You may know I love customizing sentiments, and since I’ve seen this Jungle King stamp, I’ve been thinking of making the word ROAR with the head of the lion as the letter O. I initially thought I would have created an A2 vertical card, but then I switched into a square format.
I firstly die cut the Safari Horizontal Scene die using the partial die cutting technique because I wanted the bottom piece to be larger than the slimline, and then I colored all the pieces with the Copics listed below and a little bit of ink blending.
- Foreground: YG95 – YG93 – YG91 – E81 – E15 – E13 – E11 (plus a little bit of Distress Ripe Persimmon on the orange earth)
- Tree: E18 – E17 – E15 | YG95 + Distress ink in Shabby Shutters
- First layer of mountains: E84 – E81
- Second layer: C04 – BG11
- Third layer: C02 – G000
I also die cut the largest tree included in the Safari Tree die and I colored it in the same way. On a different 5,25″x5,25″ panel I inked a bit of Distress Mustard seed from the top panel to create the yellow sky and I added just a bit of the same ink to the mountains.
I then stamped the two different lions from Jungle King stamp with a brown ink because I wanted a softer look, and I also added two small animals from the previous released Word Buddies stamp to complete the scene. I colored them all with the copics listed here.
- Lion body: E55 – E31 – E50 | RV34 – R20
- Lion mane: E59 – E39 – E23
- Monkey: E79 – E59 – E27 | E11 – E000
I then die cut all the critters with coordinating dies.
I then assembled everything: I glued down all the background pieces with liquid glue, I also stamped one of the sentiment included in the Jungle King stamp in the bottom left corner, and I die cut the letters R,A,R of Charlie Alpha die twice from white cardstock and once from brown one and I glued them to the panel. for the critters I used foam tape to give some depth.
Thanks for stopping by, I really hope you will like how it came out!
Hugs from Italy,