Hi Bluebird Friends, Sara here!

Today it’s my turn over the Hello Bluebird Blog and I have a rainbow card to show you, featuring the  Rain or Shine stamp set.

Winter has already gone and Spring is coming. And this means there will be some rain (at least we hope, because the rivers are almost dry here in Italy). What’s better than a group of rainbow umbrellas?

I firstly arranged the clear stamps over an A2 chipboard panel to figure out how I would have created the scene, then I stamped the four friends on some Neenah Solar White Cardstock and I colored them all with the Copics listed below.

  • Bear: E59 – E57 – E35 – E55 – E31 – E50
  • Bear’s umbrella: RV69 – RV19 – RV09 – RV06 | R46 – R24 – R14 | YR18 – YR16 – YR14 – Y38
  • Bunny: E44 – E43 – E42 – E41 – E40 – E11 – E00
  • Bunny’s umbrella: R14 – R22 – R21 | YR14 – Y38 – Y35 – Y11| YG23 – YG01 – YG00
  • Cat: W9 – W8 – W7 – W6 – W4 – W2 – E41
  • Cat’s umbrella: G07 – G14 – BG11 – YG00 | BG13 – BG34 – BG23
  • Fox: E18 – E17 – YR27 – E97 – YR15
  • Fox’s umbrella: BG49 – BG07 – BG57 – BG23 | B18 – B16 | B26 – B24 – B21 | BV08 – BV17 – BV13 – B63 | V09 – V17 – V15 – V12 – RV66

I also die cut them using coordinating dies and let them aside while working on the  rest of the background.

I took a piece of 7″x4,5″ watercolor cardstock and I ink blended the background using Distress Oxides in Stormy Sky and Speckled Egg. I tried to leave the bottom part of the panel white, and when I want to reach that result I usually use blending brushes. I also splattered some drops of water and some drops of ink in order to get a “splotchy” effect. I let it dry and I moved into the sentiment.

I die cut two letters of each color using the Oliver Alpha Dies: here I used colored cardstock I had in my stash, but if you haven’t you can customize the letters with coordinating Copics too. I carefully glued together with liquid glue.

I then started assembling all the “pieces” I had prepared and I stamped the black sentiment (which comes from the Happy Wishes stamp) in the upper part of the panel. I attached the RAINBOWS word with liquid glue, and the critters below with a combination of glue and foam tape. I also trimmed down the panel to 6,25″x4″ and matted it twice, firstly with a lightly larger balck cardstock and then with a 6,25″x4,5″ white one.

And here’s the finished look!

Thanks for stopping by, I really hope you will like how it came out!

Hugs from Italy,