Happy December! Tis’ the season for gift giving and with every gift you need a tag. I have some fun holiday gift tags to share today plus a few tag making tips. I really enjoy making Christmas tags, but let’s be real…. they may end up in the trash with the wrapping paper inevitably. So I try to limit the time invested in making them. That certainly doesn’t mean they can’t be cute!
All the Hello Bluebird supplies you’ll need for these are listed and linked below…
- Frosty Littles stamps and dies
- Big Snowflake die
- Stitched Tag Builder die
- Falling Snow Background stamp
- Oh What Fun Words die
- Joy & Peace Words die
These are hinged tags which are very easy to create. I have posted a short reel over on my Instagram account showing how these are made. Click here to watch the reel! I like this style of tag because it’s like a mini card…. you can decorate the entire front of the tag, then have plenty of room on the inside for the “to/from” plus a message.
Here are some tag making tips that I have found to be helpful:
- Keep the color palette limited or more neutral so the tags won’t clash with the wrapping paper.
- When making many of the same tag, do all the die cutting first, then stamping, then assembling.
- If using an image that needs to be colored, pick one that’s quick & easy to color like snowmen.
- To jazz up the tags, use glitter paper for a die cut element.
Even though most of the tags I make are very simple, I do make some extra special. The special ones I try to save before they end up getting lost in the piles of wrapping after all the presents get opened. I like to keep a few of my handmade tags every year as keepsakes. I have used them in my December Daily album or as ornaments on our tree. I also add a date to the back of tags that are being saved.
I hope the tips and these tags have helped inspire you to get creating your own for the holidays. Happy Christmas crafting!