Hi Bluebird Friends, Sara here!
Today it’s my turn over the Hello Bluebird Blog and I have a “Happy Halloween” card to show you with a very unusual color palette. I must say the inspiration came from a digital patterned paper I saw on the internet, I was totally amazed by the combo orange / blue-violet / grey that I had to use them in a Halloween card.
I mixed and matched many many stamp sets to create all the scene, I needed many small images that were halloween related. And here’s the full list of the stamps used:
- Frightful Little Bits (ghost, bat, candy and the two pumpkins on the right)
- Halloween Fun (cat, skeleton, pumpkin’s hat, spider, BOO speech bubble)
- Spooky Script (sentiments, black stamped bat and all the little stars)
- Tabitha (blue pumpkin, potion)
- Party Parade (banners)
- Spooky Spellers (ghost’s hat, round candy)
- Field Mice (balloon)
It took a bit to choose what I wanted to feature in my card, but it was totally worth it. I stamped almost all the images with a light grey ink since I wanted a no-line coloring look. I then colored everything with the copic combos listed below.
- Blue-violet: B23 – B32 – B21
- Blue-violet (litghter version): B41 – B000
- Orange: YR16 – YR12 – YR21
- Black: C9 – C8 – C7 – C5
- Grey: C2 – C0
As I usually do when I do no-line coloring, I added many details using Polychromos pencils, they really helps to give depth.. I then die cut (or fussy cut where I had no coordinating dies) everything and I moved into my background panel.
I took a piece of an A2 panel and I stamped the black sentiment at the centre. For an extra sparkle touch, I added some clear sparkly embossing powder and I heat embossed it. I also stamped the “trick or treat” using a coordinating blue ink.
I then used a blending brush to blend Distress Oxide in Stormy Sky: I had a really light hand, I only wanted a soft touch of color at the edges. I then die cut the panel using the second largest Nesting Deckle A2 Die.
I carefully arranged all my images around the scripty sentiments, I used a combination of liquid glue and foam tape to attach them. I also drew the spider’s wires with a black fineliner. Since I had some small emppty spaces, I stamped the smaller stars and the bat directly on the background. I really love this extra touch.
To complete the card, I matted it using an A2 white cardstock. And here’s a finished look!
Thanks for stopping by, I really hope you will like my inspiration! See you at the end of the month!
Hugs from Italy,