My card started by using several of the shapes from Stitched Tag Builder to cut openings in an A2 panel of white cardstock and then using a stitched edge die from my stash to finish out the edges. I took the negative cuts from each window opening and ink blended them using Distress Oxides in Spun Sugar and Crushed Olive. I backed the white panel with dimensional foam tape, stuck it it to my 110lb white cardstock based and then glued the negative cuts back through the openings and set it all to one side.
On Strathmore Bristol Smooth all of the piglet images from Farmyard Little Bits were stamped using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil. They were watercolour painted using Kuretake Zigs in Flesh Colour, Light Pink, Pale Pink, Yellow and Oatmeal. Points were highlighted with a white gel pen and they were die cut using the coordinating dies.
All the die cuts were backed with more dimensional foam tape and arranged into groups and applied to the card in 4 little sweet scenes. I popped the card into my Misti and stamped the sentiment from Pig Day twice so it was nice and strong looking.
Final touches were to carefully hand stamp the ‘oinks’ and ‘squeals’ etc …… if you’re not confident of doing this on what is essentially a finished card then you should do this earlier on in the process!!! Finally I used some sparkling clear sequins to embellish and then the card was complete.
It has been my pleasure to share this card with you today and I hope it leaves you feeling inspired. Happy crafting and see you soon!